2020 New arrivals.
Empire Uniforms is very pleased to present its new foundry service and department in goldsmith / jewelry items.
In fact, we have teamed up with an artisan goldsmith in the field.
We can now offer you the manufacture of very high quality items such as buttons, belt buckles, small accessories for the 1st and Second Empire as well as for the First World War.
This work is exclusively done here in Belgium. This obviously incurs certain costs that countries such as Pakistan, China and India do not have.
But this guarantees you product quality, an outstanding work finish and unique know-how.
You provide us with an original part or a plan drawing and we take care of the rest.
All this work is done here in our companies in Belgium and therefore, 100% homemade. We process everything from A to Z in our workshops.
We work with noble materials such as gold, tin, silver and vermeille.
I present here, some photos of finished parts.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us through our contact page.
Always at your service.
Empire uniforms is now recognized by the greatest in the world of international show. We are very proud to work for FRANCO DRAGONE EnterTrainment GROUP and for LIDO of Paris. Their recognition in this field proves our expertise in achieving the costume pieces and uniforms.
Vincent Bruno, the brothers Taloche trust the professionalism of Uniforms for Empire to achieve their “Special WATERLOO” show.
The privat workshops are open to customers from Monday to Friday from 8:45 to 12:00 and 13:30 to 18:00. For visits please make an appointment. Saturdays by appointment only.
Empire uniforms reports to his guests that the company Ausam and other Pakistani manufacturers appropriated illegally copied pictures on our website.
Pictures of these achievements are the result of our expertise and is protected by copyright. All offenders are liable to prosecution.
From Antiquity to today, Uniforms, Hats, Costumes and Clothing/Clothes have always been part of our life. As you will see on this site, these can be from the first or second empire but can also date from First World War (1914/1918).
“Uniformes d’Empire” is an artisan company in the Namur region of Belgium, and specifically in Florennes, in l’Entre Sambre et Meuse. The region is well known for its traditional marches that date back centuries, and its rich heritage of cultural traditions.
We are not trying to be the cheapest on the market, we leave that to others. We prefer and we want to offer the balance between quality and price. For this, we use and/or produce products of a very high quality.
“Uniformes d’Empire“, is run by a passionate artisan who makes historical reconstruction products relating to the first and second Empire, as well as other periods such as the First World War (1914/1918).
“Uniformes d’Empire” can also make items from other historical periods on request.
Depending on the opportunities available, we are starting to sell items of historical and ancient origin, such as swords, sabresetc.
Uniformes d’Empire, would like to thank their loyal international client base for their confidence, recognition and support for the work we have done up to now.
Do not hesitate to consult the different promotions in our catalogue.
Some realizations may not be on the English site, we invite you to visit also our realizations on our site in French.
Fabien Scaillet is not an unknown. He has acted as a drummer, soldier and now officer, and has been involved for more than 47 years in our beautiful historical marches of l’Entre Sambre et Meuse, which are recognised by UNESCO.
But he is also a historical re-enactor, whether drumming, as an Elite police officer or Prince Jozef Poniatowski he has, for several years, taken part in various Napoleonic bivouacs that bring this age to life.
These items are reproduced with the utmost care as close to the originals as possible, closely following documentation from museums such as the Emperi in Salon de Provence, Musée du Cinquantenaire in Brussels and the Musée des Invalides in Paris. But also thanks to various documents, journals and technical books published to this effect.
Here you will discover the equipment and uniforms of the prestigious Guard units and the Line such as the Grenadiers, the Artillery, the Hunters, the Young Guard, the Polish Lancers, the light horses, the Lancers, the Hussars, the Dragons, the Carabinieri, the Cuirassiers, the Gendarmes, the Fusiliers, the Voltigeurs (light infantry man), the Engineers, the Sailors,…
Uniformes d’Empire is also a workshop for hides and skins for the restoration, transformation, repairs and manufacture of leather goods, boots, ankle boots and shoes.
In terms of manufacturing and know-how of the trimmings,Uniformes d’Empire bought for this purpose, the assets and expertise of De Backer Trimming co, on rue des Capucins in Brussels. On this site you can find some of the items already produced, such as:
- Uniforms: jacket clothes, vests, jackets, coats, capes, trousers, pants, lanyards, shirts, shoulder pads, straps, gloves, buttons, decorations, cravats, scarves and furs.
- Cavalry harnesses: schabrackes, seat covers, light cavalry and heavy cavalry stools, coat rack, jaw, bridles and bridle, reins, cruppers with and without pad, neck attachment, hunting stirrup leathers and stirrups. With regard to cavalry equipment (saddles, bridles, reins, cruppers, hunting necklaces, etc.), we work closely with a very well renowned international large house allowing us to offer the quality items highly sought after by skilled horsemen.
- Trimmings: Baton braid, dice braid, Lezard braid, Chevron braid, vertical and horizontal fur, King’s fur, flat braid, cord, Milanese Cord, braided cord, the Soutache, square Ganse, the Guipure, of yarns, Trait, the Cannetille. Our braids are made on Jacquard looms and made of cotton, wool, faux metal or gold and silver metal but also occasionally of “Lurex” golden Plast and/or silver Plast, on request.
- Headwear: police caps, bicornes, shakos, schapskas, confédérapskas, fur hats/beanies, colbacks, acorns, chin strap and plumed hats.
- Buckles: we offer you solid brass, single and double barb buckles. Plated silver or gold buckles.Buckles for officers and soldiers, generals and cavalry.
- Shako and shot-belt plates: a brass or stamped white metal plate for different regiments and corps.
- Embroidery: handmade with twisted yarn, bullion, cannetiles, sequins in noble materials such as faux gold metal and silver metal.
- Bladed Weapons: axes, swords, bayonets and lighters. Our specialty, we can make sabres and swords for officers and senior officers. As they were made at the time, they can be made in fine silver metal and gold.
- Leather and leatherwork: ammo pouches, briefcases, belts, banners, harnesses and lighter and bayonet holders.
- Leather gloves: Gloves cuffs and simple gloves made with full-grain leather calf skin.
- Shoes, boots, ankle boots: heavy cavalry and light cavalry boots, Polish model ankle boots and shoes.
- Fabrics: silks, wool, linen cloth, cotton twill and Egyptian satin.
- 23 shades in stock: Royal blue, dark blue, imperial indigo blue, night blue, celestial light cornflower blue, Argentine Grey, Gray, Hunter Green, Dragon Green, Scarlet Red, madder red, Red wine lees, Amaranth Red Rose, daffodil yellow, brass-copper yellow, “Imperial Force” yellow, Brown, Black, Ecru.
- Wool cloth from 27.50€ and White ecru 34,90€ per square metre.
- Towel linen from 24.00€ per square metre.
- Egyptian Satin Cotton for shirts and cravats in white or black.
- Ticking: cross armour and tight tissues. Tick is always made of cotton, linen or cotton linen mix, in a solid colour or with woven coloured stripes. Ecru shade
- Glasses: goblets in natural tin, pure to more than 95% and without lead for vivandières and cantinières.
- Oval barrel: barrel made of top quality French BERRY oak. This product is 100% handmade. Assembled in the traditional manner without glue or nails. Strapping and tap in solid brass. This product is ideal for cantinières and vivandières. We also sell the solid brass taps separately.
- Standards, Pennants and Flags: these can be painted, hand and machine embroidered, shaft with eagle and/or arrow, all tailor-made according to your wishes.
Conditions of sale.
– Article 1
These general conditions of sale apply to all sales concluded by Empire Uniforms to purchasers, even if these are not included in our invoices. These conditions are considered accepted at the latest after conclusion of the payment of the deposit of the order or the service. Any other terms and conditions other than these shall be deemed to have lapsed. Any deviations from these general conditions will be accepted only if the seller has confirmed and signed in writing.
In case of dispute, only the courts of the district of which “Uniformes of Empire” depends are competent. For the moment, the judicial district of DINANT.
The author owns the copyright and all his pictures of the websites:
Facebook: Empire uniforms
Facebook Fabien SCAILLET
Uniforms of Empire, retains its right of ownership over all drawings, drafts, preliminary design and more generally, on any medium containing the elements and characteristics relating to our creations remains of our exclusive intellectual property and is protected by the rights Author and drawing. All reproductions, even partial, of these elements are subject to our written agreement. Only this written agreement will authorize a third party to use the photos of our know-how. With each use of one of our photos, realizations and creations, the name of our site www.uniformesdempire.be must obligatorily be added. Any unauthorized use will automatically result in legal action.
If an additional order is not paid by the customer after he has received confirmation that it is finished by mail, email, or email, Uniformes d’Empire reserves the right to block all orders by course of the client until final payment of this order.
In addition, the deposits paid on the orders in progress by the customer, will be automatically deducted from the sums due by the latter.
All our prices include all charges and VAT of 21% including departure from our workshops in Belgium.
For business customers with an intra-Community registration number, excluding VAT.
We offer a 6-month warranty from date of purchase on all our achievements. This can only apply in normal use and as a good parent of the article. We can not guarantee our products if they are used out of context, poorly maintained, poorly cleaned or badly dried.
For products manufactured and produced by our partners, we refer to their own warranty. We can guarantee these items only after having received a written agreement of their parts.
Attention, no tinted parts can be guaranteed. Since these are subjected to the vagaries of time and material constraints, no manufacturer guarantees the dyes, whether feathers, sheets, woolen cloth, leathers, or other tinted parts.
Under no circumstances and in any form, Empire Uniforms and / or its officers shall not be liable for such defects or irregularities.
Our travel articles always at the risks and peril of the customer. Our prices always mean workshops in Belgium unless otherwise stated by us and issued in writing. As long as the items have not been paid in full, they remain the property of Empire Uniforms.
If necessary, the customer agrees to pay upon receipt, all taxes, duties, taxes and other charges, present and future, due for the delivery of said products themselves; the joint responsibility of Uniforms Empire cannot be engaged at any time in this respect.
In the event that one or more of the Products ordered is missing or damaged, the customer or the recipient must make any reservations with the carrier, at the time of delivery.
All the itinerant costs for banking transactions are always borne by the customer.
Items not removed within 6 months automatically become the property of Empire Uniforms at the end of these 6 months. Deposits paid will never be returned to customers. They will serve as compensation.
Uniforms of Empire will not take over or make any exchanges of goods or merchandise delivered. Customers have the details of the articles on our website. Any purchase made is at the risk of the customer. If you have any doubts about a product, we invite you to visit our workshop. You will then have the leisure to check the quality of our materials and our various articles and achievements.
– Article 15
For all dressmakers, dressmakers and stylists, copies, duplicates and uses of our patterns and photos are strictly prohibited. This refer to our first article above.